Michael J. Bryant
B.A., (U.B.C.) LL.B. (Osgoode), LL.M. (Harvard)
Former Attorney General of Ontario, Michael J. Bryant acts in an advisory capacity, of Counsel, and practices in association with the Firm on cases that cater to his particular expertise.
Michael represents clients in a wide range of criminal, regulatory, and inter-governmental affairs. His knowledge and skill set is unparalleled and invaluable to the effective representation of his clients. Mr. Bryant also takes great pride in representing indigent accused in need of assistance through Legal Aid Ontario assistance.
Micheal is a former Ontario Cabinet Minister, holds his Masters of Law from Harvard, is a former clerk to the Supreme Court of Canada, former counsel to several prominent Bay St. firms, an accomplished author, and frequent speaker on issues of criminal law and political affairs.
His many impressive accomplishments include:
- Attorney General of Ontario 2003-2007
- Clerked at Supreme Court of Canada for present Chief Justice of Canada
- LL.M. from Harvard University
- 2nd in Class at Osgoode Hall Law School
- Taught Criminal Law at King’s College, University of London
- Co-Authored book Criminal Law, published by Cavendish
- Lawyer since 1996, practising at McCarthys LLP and Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
- Cabinet Minister 2003-2009
- Member of Provincial Parliament 1999-2009
Michael can be reached directly at 416 230 8658 or by visiting his website